Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God* and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heifer Project gift in Troop # 840's name

Merry Christmas, Brownie Troop #840!

Rather than more sweets or trinkets, I have decided to give in your name a share of a Water Buffalo to the Heifer Project.

This is a great organization that works very hard to stop hunger in the world. They do this not by giving prepared food items, rather they supply sustainability to families or villages live animals to enhance their livelihood and their ability to feed and support themselves. Please take some time to look at the website.

Heifer International

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Girl Power 2 Cure said...

I came across your blog today and think your troop is doing a great job! I would love to introduce you to my non-profit, Girl Power 2 Cure. (www.girlpower2cure.org). We are trying to raise awareness for Rett Syndrome, a neurological disorder that only affects GIRLS!

We have a leadership project for girls groups to take on to help us out! Plus some other ideas... please visit www.girlpower2cure.org/girlscouts to learn more!

Thank you! My 8 yr old daughter, Sarah, has Rett Syndrome and we are hopeful we will be able to help her one day soon.

Ingrid Harding
Founder and President
Girl Power 2 Cure, Inc.